Russians, guns and rotor blades - Bohemia Interactive announces Take On Helicopters: Hinds; the first official DLC for the helicopter game Take On Helicopters. Shifting focus to a more combat-oriented experience, Take On Helicopters: Hinds puts players in the seat of the most iconic and revolutionary military gunship ever: the Hind.
Creative Director Jay Crowe points:
With Take On Helicopters, our goal was to strike a balance between pure gaming - story-driven scenarios, challenges, time trials - and an authentic experience of flying a helicopter. Of course, that's a tough job, but alongside the accessible controls, difficulty settings and optional assists, we're glad to find a big range of people having fun flying helicopters in Take On.
Our game doesn't demand you to have any previous flight (game) experience, nor does it matter if you want to play it with mouse-and-keyboard, a gamepad or, for that matter, a full-blown cockpit-setup. In that sense, the civil-aviation context - not to mention the wonderful Seattle as the setting - of Take On Helicopters was ideal, as it allowed us to create a fun set of missions, whilst keeping the primary focus upon flying helicopters.
On the other hand, after launching the game, we felt there was room to complement Take On Helicopters with a more 'action-packed' experience. Our Hinds DLC is perfect for those who are seeking the adrenaline rush of flying a classic military gunship and getting into combat."
Take On Helicopters: Hinds includes the Mil Mi-24 V, Mi-24 P and Mi-35 Super Hind helicopter gunships (with over 25 different liveries), a brand new set of singleplayer challenges, 5 time trials and new competitive multiplayer scenarios.
- Range of Hind variants - Highly detailed models of the Mi-24 V, Mi-24 P and Mi-35 Super Hind helicopters
- Unique Hind attributes - Faithful recreation of the cockpits, flight model, landing gear, weapons systems
- Realistic sound effects - Samples recorded from real-life Hind helicopters for an extra level of detail
- Paint schemes - Over 25 different liveries, covering most nations operating the gunship
- Singleplayer challenges - A set of gameplay challenges showcasing ground attacks and aerial support
- Time trials - Put the helicopter through its paces in 5 tough timed checkpoint races
- Multiplayer gameplay - New adversarial scenarios available over LAN/Internet; battle other Hind teams
- Pick-up-and-pilot controls - Designed to be played with mouse-and-keyboard, gamepads and joysticks
- Language support - DLC is available in English, German, Czech, Italian, French, and Spanish